California was the birthplace of Big Boy and we want to bring this new big boy home to momma! Our new concept fits this booming state’s needs perfectly and we are so excited for the future of Big Boy’s Burgers and Shakes in California. Here are three cities that fit our requirements perfectly:
Over 3 million people live in Los Angeles. From aspiring stars to working class citizens, Los Angeles has it all and these people certainly are hungry for an old favorite. We think Los Angeles is a great spot for our brand because:
- People ages 20-39 make up 33% of the population.
- Median household income is average for the state of California ($55,000).
- Over 40 million tourists visited the L.A area in 2016.
- California is where Big Boy started and they are craving the nostalgia!
Just north of the Mexican border, San Diego is one of the most populated cities in all of California. Nearly 1.5 million people live there year round and the largest age group is 20-29 years of age. Here are some other things that make San Diego a great place to set up shop:
- Median household income is higher than California average ($71,000).
- People from San Diego live a very active lifestyle.
- Much of the population is single with expendable income.
- A young city is great for Big Boy’s Burgers and Shakes!
San Jose is different than the other two cities on our list. San Jose is a family town, without the same tourism numbers, but a high median income. Your store could become a staple in this town and a family favorite for years to come:
- Median household income is $101,000 annually. Nearly double the state average.
- 3.2 persons per household which is higher than the state average.
- Working people in 2017 want to feed their children quality ingredients but they need to do it fast.
- We answer their prayers with Big Boy’s Burgers and Shakes!